- Free MEFiSTo-3D Nova
- MEFiSTo-3D Academica
- MEFiSTo-3D Pro Version 4.0
- Modeling Metamaterials
- Free MEFiSTo-2D Classic
- More News and Events
MEFiSTo-3D v. 4.0 with many innovative features released!
The hallmark of version 4.0 of MEFiSTo-3D Pro is the parameterization of the
geometric modeler. Here are some of the key features that have been enabled by
- The user can now define the topology of a 2D or 3D structure by
entering the coordinate values of each object not only as numbers, but also as
variables and mathematical expressions.
- Dimensions and coordinates can be related to each other, allowing
structures to be scaled, rotated or shifted by simply changing the values of a
few key variables.
- Variables can be controlled either by editing a net list in a
text-based control window or through an imported text file generated by an
external program, such as MATLAB.
- Designable dimensions can be changed by an optimizer until the
structure response meets a desired specification,
- A structure can be controlled by an external program to create look-up
tables or to train neural networks.
The following improvements have also been introduced in version 4.0:
- A link to MATLAB has been created that allows users to embed their own
devices, circuits, or networks into 3D field space. It is similar to the
SPICE-EM-bed feature and allows extensive customization and multi-level
- Each object can now be displayed individually in either solid or
outline mode by means of a checkbox in its dialog window;
- Objects can be grouped in the Tree of Objects.
- A minor bug in the 3D metamaterial modeling algorithm has been fixed;
- Structure files in text format can now be batch processed, and the
simulation content of Analyzer and Animator windows can be exported
automatically in text format;
- The Help facility of MEFiSTo has been completely revised and updated.
Context-sensitive help is now available for MEFiSTo;
- MEFiSTo has been made compliant with security features of Windows XP
Service Pack 2;
- Movies van be created by automatically capturing the content of
Analyzer and Animator windows. Whenever these windows are refreshed, their
content is stored in various formats (bmp, gif, png, dib, jpeg and tiff). The
stored files can then be imported into the "Windows Movie Maker" or similar
software for generating movies that can be played back using standard players.
Here is a list of additional outstanding features:
- Metamaterial modeling capability;
- Data export in Cadence Format with ability to generate equivalent SPICE circuits resulting in model order
- Current-coupled embedding of SPICE circuits;
- Batch processing capability from a
command line and automatic export of simulation data for Neuromodeler;
- Ability to select multiple objects
in the Tree of Objects using the Ctrl and Shift keys;
- Fill Polygon drawing tool;
- Additional Excitation Function: Gaussian step function;
- Saving of desktop configuration
and window sizes.
I invite you to request a free demo to experiment with these exciting features,
or to download the free MEFiSTo-3D Nova Simulator that has all the basic
capabilities of MEFiSTo-3D Pro. Try MEFiSTo!
Wolfgang J. R. Hoefer
President and CEO
More News and Events ....